Matt Zaddy is the kind of songwriter you feel you have known your whole life.
His Blend of Folk Rock / & Rhythm & Blues tells his own story of life, love, hardship, and redemption. Matt has been performing across Canada in support of his latest release, the Perfect Moments EP to rave reviews. In summer 2017, he re-released the title track off this effort and is hit the road across Eastern Canada.
“It was a great experience to revisit the title track Perfect Moments off my last release. We went back in the studio and redid all the guitar and vocals, and it was a welcomed feeling to breath fresh life into a song which tells my own inspiration of writing the record in the first place. I can’t wait to share the new vision of this song with all of you.”
Some fun Matt Zaddy facts:
– Vegan / active member of the Toronto Vegetarian Association
– 2016 Winner of the Community Arts Award from the Canadian Community Arts Initiative / Mosaic South Asian Festival / Rock the Coliseum
– 2017 Winner of the Mississauga Music Award for Best Acoustic Artist
– Former band leader of Starring Janet Leigh, a Toronto based tech/progressive metal act (Ironclad Recordings/Metal Blade Records
– Hosts a series of community open mic / jam nights in his home town of Mississauga, and in Brampton, Ontario
– Member of the Group From Far & Wide, a Mississauga based songwriting collective that wrote We Are The North, the official song of Mississauga’s #Canada150 Celebrations
– Private Music Teacher: guitar, bass, piano, vocals – email email@example.com for lesson inquiries
– Member of The Infringements, a trio rock and roll/rhythm & blues cover band
– Member of River North, a duo with Heather Christine, his partner in life & music
– A highly sought after performer for private events: weddings, corporate functions, private parties, etc
- I am (choose one):
An Individual Artist, Creative or Member of the Public
- I am eligible to win a MARTY award, should someone nominate me. (Eligibility criteria can be found here)
- am active in, or reside in, the City of Mississauga.