Visual Arts Mississauga is seeking a part-time (weekend) Customer Service Representative/Receptionist.
Founded in 1977, Visual Arts Mississauga (VAM) strives to enrich community life by fostering an appreciation of the arts through active involvementin a variety of creative experiences. Our vision is to be a catalyst where art inspires and enriches the community. VAM is a not-for-profit charitable organization with a long, vibrant and important history of providing creative opportunities within the Greater Mississauga Area.
This position requires a courteous, enthusiastic and highly professional individual to assist visitors, students and members.
Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing the facility
- Registration and membership processing
- Reception functions including answering phones, addressing complaints, redirecting inquiries
- Maintaining and updating databases, excel sheets, processing juried show applications and assisting instructors as required.
- This position is responsible for customer service duties and other duties as assigned.
- 2 or more years administrative and/or customer service experience
- Professional & effective oral and written communication skills
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook; Strong proficiency in Excel an absolute must
- Willingness to train for Website administration and Quickbooks
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Making decisions and solving problems independently
- Interest in art/basic understanding of art practices would be an asset, but training is provided
- Upon hiring, must present a valid and current Vulnerable Sector Search police check
- current first aid certificate an asset
Hours of Work Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. (Saturdays may be extended to 6:30 pm). This position is from September to June, beginning on September 13, 2014.
Start date As soon as possible
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Weekend Customer Service representative” in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sites for Arts Related Job Opportunities
We recommend that you check these websites regularly since job opportunities are being added to them all the time.