Strings Teacher Needed (Violin and Cello) for Sistema Mississauga
Start date: Immediately
Ad deadline: Oct. 22nd, 2014
Sistema Mississauga provides music instruction free of charge to children through an intensive social program that aims to inspire youth to reach their full potential. The program is inspired by the El Sistema program in Venezuela. Our mission is to empower youth with a strong sense of excellence, self-respect, and mutual support for others in the community through the pursuit of musical excellence in order to prepare them for a better tomorrow. The program builds confidence, encourages creativity and sparks ambition in each individual participant. By instilling these values in each child, this will in turn be transmitted to their families and provide a positive social impact in the greater Mississauga community. We are currently seeking a Music Teacher who is passionate about empowering children through music, thereby creating social change. The teaching position available is for strings (violin and cello).
Requirements and responsibilities of the Music Teacher position are as follows:
• Availability Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:15-5:15, starting immediately.
• A criminal records check specifically for working with vulnerable persons.
• Teaching the respective instruments to young children (grades 1-6) in a group setting.
• Establishing a curriculum plan.
• Integrating music appreciation and theory into daily lessons.
• Maintaining the general flow of the class.
• Encouraging mentoring between students.
• Attending and assisting with annual student performances.
• Empowering youth with the values outlined in the Sistema Mississauga mission statement.
• A degree in music and/or education would be considered an asset.
• For strings teachers, some Suzuki training would be ideal.
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact Info: Sarah Graydon
Sistema Mississauga Facebook page: facebook.com/SistemaMississauga
Sistema Mississauga Twitter page: twitter.com/SistemaMiss
Full job ad on Work in Culture: workinculture.ca/The-Job-Board
MAC is looking for an Membership Manager:
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• A good knowledge of marketing, management, administration, planning, budgeting, finance, market research and member relationship management skills and techniques
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, members and suppliers
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• IT literate: Familiar with using word processing, databases, spreadsheets, project management software and web applications including email, e-marketing, s-surveys, e-discussion groups, etc.
• A graduate with a business or marketing degree
• At least three years marketing experience, preferably with a membership organization
• A professional manner and attitude
• Able to remain calm under pressure
• Able to adapt to change
• To implement the membership development plan, manage departmental resources and set workflow priorities
• To hold regular departmental progress meetings and circulate progress reports on activity against targets e.g. growth projections, campaign effectiveness, response timescales for membership inquiries, etc.
• To anticipate problems and adjust the allocation of resources accordingly
• To contribute to the membership development plan and review with the Membership Director all departmental activity including:
o Member recruitment and retention campaigns
o To interpret membership recruitment and retention statistics and review member research and make recommendations
o The sale and delivery of association services to non-members
o General marketing activity
o Polices and procedures
o Other activity, including affinity and donsorship schemes
• To offer ideas for improvement or change in operational areas
• To manage member communications including responding to member queries and the production and inventory of membership and marketing material e.g. letters, newsletters, e-bulletins and brochures
• To manage member events
• To manage member market research
• To manage member recognition programmes
• To maintain accurate membership records and marketing databases
• To manage affiliate activity and relationships with external suppliers
• To authorize purchase orders and re-imbursements
• To maintain budgetary control for projects
• To remain current with Association policies and procedures
• To perform ad hoc duties as required
Key Success Areas
• Maintain a high level of member satisfaction with incoming and outgoing communications
• Maintain accurate membership records and marketing databases
• Effective daily allocation of department resources
• Maintain a high level of departmental motivation.
To Apply: Email Anu Vittal, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. by Oct. 31
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sites for Arts Related Job Opportunities
We recommend that you check these websites regularly since job opportunities are being added to them all the time.