The City of Mississauga’s Culture Division and the Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC) partner to provide training and mentorship program for local music startups
Intro Webinar – Monday, December 23 at 12 pm.
Individuals 18 years of age or older interested in starting or expanding a music business in Mississauga are now invited to apply to participate in MBEC’s Starter Company PLUS Program. Through a new partnership between the City of Mississauga’s Culture Division and MBEC, 20 selected eligible participants will receive free business training and mentorship, as well as have the opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $2,500 to launch or grow your business.
Visit the MBEC website for Starter Company PLUS program information and eligibility criteria.
All types of music businesses are welcome to apply, including musicians, managers, record labels, studios and more. Participants will complete training sessions including one full-day workshop focused specifically on the music industry.
Applications must be submitted by December 31, 2019, and selected participants will be notified by January 10, 2020.
The program also includes a mentorship component with successful music industry leaders. Mentors will support participants with the development of a business plan, and with the operations planning and development of their business.
Training and mentorship will take place in January 2020 and will focus on starting or expanding a creative business with emphasis on developing a business plan, start-up or expansion budget, and a three-year cash flow forecast. These three items and a minimum of 10 hours of combined mandatory training and mentorship are required to apply for the program grant.
Two grants of $2,500 are available. The top five grant applicants will be invited to a pitch competition to present their business plan in front of a panel of judges who will select the two grant recipients. Grants will be awarded in February 2020 and recipients will receive 1-on-1 coaching and support from MBEC with the implementation of their business plan.
To learn more about Starter Company PLUS and how to apply to the program, you must participate in a mandatory orientation webinar on Monday, December 23 from 12 pm – 1 pm. Click here to log in to the webinar. (Event # 733 731 123)
Please review this information prior to logging in –
- You are required to register your contact information before logging into the webinar.
- Participants can log in 5 minutes before the start of the presentation.
- Participants will be muted on entry.
- During the presentation, please put any questions you have about the program in the chatbox to the host.
- This is a visual presentation with audio.
- To be able to hear the presentation, you have the option to connect with your computer or call in using your telephone. If you choose to call in with your telephone, the numbers available are toll numbers with an option to select a CANADA toll 1-647-484-1596, with other options available. Depending on your telephone plan, some charges may apply from your service provider.
- For technical questions, please contact Laura Dunkley – firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the session.
- For program questions after the webinar, please contact Susan Loveless – email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this registration, please contact:
Laura Dunkley | Digital Marketing Consultant, Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC) | 905-615-3200 ext.4094 firstname.lastname@example.org