The Mississauga Arts Council is currently seeking members for our Board of Directors and would love to hear from you.
The Mississauga Arts Council is a registered charity that actively promotes to about 18,000, subscribers, advocates for an arts community that includes over 100 arts organizations and proactively works with 500 individual artists. MAC acts as a catalyst to create opportunities for artists to exhibit their work and to connect artists of all practices with the public and each other and we aim at celebrating and recognizing creative achievements. We were established in 1981 by City Resolution, as a registered charity governed by a Board of Directors. We aim to create a Mississauga that is a vibrant, creative, cultural community where arts and culture thrive.
Requirements of a Board Member:
- Be committed to the work of the organization.
- Attend and participate in all regular and special meetings of the Board. (Our Annual General Meeting is the last Wednesday of March).
- Be willing to serve on at least one committee and attend committee meetings.
- Know the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Have a good understanding of the constitution and bylaws.
- Be knowledgeable and responsible regarding the finances of the organization.
- Be aware of the organization’s activities and programs.
- Read minutes and reports.
- Advocate for the organization in the community and represent the organization at community meetings (ambassador role).
- Be aware of the changing needs of the community.
- Support and participate in fundraising.
- Evaluate your own contribution to the Board.
- Avoid conflict of interest and the appearance of conflict of interest.
- Board meetings take place 10 times a year.
Please send your resume outlining your experience and/your areas of interest to Yasmin Farouk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.