Make you green space great!

TD Park People Grants will provide $2000 to groups from Metro Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Greater Toronto Area, National Capital Region (Ottawa-Gatineau), Montreal, Quebec City and Halifax Regional Municipality to help make community events happen in local green spaces. The 2020 application season runs from January 15 to March 2, 2020. Grant recipients will be announced early-April and events will begin the Saturday before Earth Day (April 18) and continue until New Year’s Eve. Stay tuned for updates.


The TD Park People grant program was created to help community groups host events in urban parks or public green spaces. Through this grant, we hope to connect more people to parks in order to support ongoing care and protection of our green spaces.  Your group should either have an environmental focus or commit to having environmental sustainability or protection built as an element in your park events.

Successful applicants host at least three events between April and December 2020 with each event open to all members of the larger community.  One of your three events must take place on June 20, 2020 (the first day of summer when we’ll be celebrating a “park day” across the country). Eligible groups include volunteer-based park groups, local agencies, resident associations and non-profits that are active in their local parks Your group will also need to demonstrate its ability to sustain the group beyond this grant cycle.

Eligibility:
  • Cities: In 2020, grants are being awarded to groups and projects based in Metro Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Greater Toronto Area, National Capital Region (Ottawa-Gatineau), Montreal, Quebec City and Halifax Regional Municipality.
  • Groups: Grassroots community groups that include, but are not limited to, volunteer-based park groups, local agencies, resident associations, and not-for-profit groups active in their local parks. Partnerships of any or all of the above are encouraged to apply. Municipalities are not eligible to apply. Your group will also need to demonstrate its ability to sustain the group beyond this grant cycle. Groups should demonstrate their ongoing commitment to caring for the park’s green space.
  • Types of Spaces: City parks, green space on social housing property and school grounds.
  • Events: Events which are free and open to all: festivals, tree planting events, park cleanups and any other programming in green spaces. Events must abide by all local laws and permit requirements.
  • Eligible Expenses: Honoraria for volunteers, event materials, supplies and equipment, printing of promotional materials with provided templates – essentially any reasonable event expense can be covered by the grant. Up to 75% of the grant may be used to cover administrative costs, such as honorariums for volunteers. The remaining 25% should be used to cover hard costs, such as equipment rentals and print materials for advertising your events.
  • Dates: One of your three events must take place on June 20, 2020 (the first day of summer when we’ll be celebrating a “park day” across the country). You can select dates for the other two events.
  • Timing: Applications are due by midnight local time on March 2, 2020. Funding decisions will be made in April, with cheques sent in May.

 APPLY HERE TODAY 

0 Comments

Leave a reply

©2020 Mississauga Arts Council | Powered By SOLSNET

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?