Daniels CCW Corporation, on behalf of The Daniels Corporation, invites artists from the Mississauga area to submit proposals in consideration for the residential areas at Daniels City Centre, located at 360 City Centre Drive (northeast corner of Confederation Parkway and City Centre Drive). The installation of the artwork will take place approximately during summer 2020 (East Tower) and late 2020 (West Tower). The proposal process will involve consulting with Daniels CCW Corporation on the design and fabrication of the work to arrive at a final concept, as well as the installation of the piece.
For The Daniels Corporation (Daniels), each new home community is a work of art – literally. From conception to completion, every Daniels neighbourhood is designed to enhance its surroundings, the community and to make a statement about its unique character. Daniels has pioneered a new approach to décor and art focused on sourcing local art for each of our new buildings. Within each project, Daniels looks to source a wide range of art forms from paintings to photography to sculptures and beyond. This addition of striking local art through community engagement has quickly become a cornerstone of the company’s design philosophy.
Daniels City Centre is a master-planned community consisting of the Wesley Tower, a market condominium, and an Affordable Housing Project that will be owned by the Regional Municipality of Peel and managed by Peel Housing Corporation. Daniels City Centre is part of the 23-acre Mississauga City Centre master-planned neighbourhood that includes pedestrian-friendly walkways, tree-lined streets, a three-acre community park and beautiful public art.
Opportunities for Local Art at Daniels City Centre
In consultation with the interior designers, Figure 3, a number of opportunities for social purchasing of local artwork have been identified for the common areas and amenity spaces within both residences to bring the space to life and tie everything together.
Artists from the Mississauga community are invited to submit artwork that is inspired by the design guidelines for the residences: modern, contemporary, clean, and textured. Please refer to the attached reference page for the suggested look and feel and examples.
A breakdown of the pieces to be commissioned, medium, and the location are included in the Response Cover Page.
- Please submit as attachments by email only (no file transfer links to download please) to LocalArt@danielscorp.com to a maximum of 10 MB total.
- Response Cover Page – please read and complete the Response Cover page thoroughly. Completion of the Response Cover Page is mandatory to be considered for the project.
- Curriculum vitae, resume or biography of the artist – The CV must include your full contact information and any other supporting material you would like to include (web links, reviews, catalogues, etc.) (1-page maximum);
- An artist statement – indicating any connection to the Mississauga community or rationale for interest in working in this community (1-page maximum);
- 1-2 images of artwork you have created or proposed piece(s) – for consideration or commission. For each image please include the following information: title, medium, dimensions, year of completion in the Response Cover Page
- Pieces will be selected in order of priority, budget permitting.
- Priority will be given to artists who live/work in Mississauga.
- Submission must include the proposed fee(s) for each piece. Artist’s fee proposal to include delivery and if required, storage of piece/s up to 8 months after completion. Artist to coordinate with Daniels for installation.
- Only one submission/email per artist or artist group will be accepted.
Deadline: Friday February 21, 2020 at 5 p.m.
For any other questions, please contact LocalArt@danielscorp.