The Living Arts Centre invites local artists from Mississauga to submit 2D and 3D artworks for our rotating public exhibition spaces throughout the building. Exhibition spaces could include, but are not limited to; display cases, corporate meeting rooms, LAC public hallways, and LIVE Restaurant.
Works by individual artists at all stages of their professional careers will be considered from Mississauga and surrounding regions. Artworks submitted should represent a body of work with a focus on a particular theme, aesthetic, or set of concerns.
Artworks can be for sale while on display if the artist chooses.
Works will be displayed for a minimum of 3 months, with the Living Arts Centre’s option to extend up these exhibitions to 6 months.
They are accepting; photographs, drawings, paintings on paper, collage, prints and digital works on paper, ceramics, jewelry, textiles, sculpture, craft and new media in the following dimensions:
- 2D works in a minimum size of artwork 8″x10″ to a maximum of 16”x20 (frames provided)
- 3D works cannot exceed 12”(l) x 12”(w) x 24”(h)
- Works on canvas will only be considered for display in LIVE Restaurant only; dimensions variable
- Artist statement (max. 150 words)
- Current CV
- 5 images (jpegs, 72 dpi. Each image must not exceed 200KB)
- Image list: Word document listing artist’s name, title, medium, size, date, selling price, insurance value for each submission
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 12, 2020 @5:00 PM
Please send all submission materials via email to email@example.com
Notification of Acceptance: Artists will be notified of if their work has been selected for display. Due to a high volume of submissions, only those accepted will be notified.
Questions? Contact Katie Micak at Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org