Mississauga Arts Council (MAC) is the umbrella organization for the dynamic arts community in Canada’s sixth-largest city of more than 700,000 people. A not-for-profit service organization, MAC celebrated in 2012 its 30th anniversary of developing, delivering and promoting arts programming and cultural initiatives in collaboration and partnership with the community.
Be the marketing guru you always dreamed you could be. Share your digital acumen in music, visual arts, theatre, writing, digital arts incl. video, and dance – particularly video.
Serving artists across Mississauga, you will combine your passion for marketing, with artists looking to take advantage of your digital marketing skills to help them grow their brands, their online skills capability, competitiveness and audiences.
Deliver education in the key aspects of modern advertising: art direction, copywriting, account management and creative strategy. Assist artists to leverage their particular strengths and identify their best business path to growth and success., Work in a talented frontline arts team helping artists and groups develop powerful, effective online marketing and online commerce.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Build productive relationships quickly and encourage a wildly diverse group of talented artists to take their business online
- Employ a full suite of digital competencies to deliver a variety of creative strategies and digital tools to generate effective approaches to solving advertising or marketing challenges
- Create inspiring digital marketing and communications materials for specific audiences, programs and artists
- Create content for and manage online stores, e-commerce, and websites
- Assist member artists with their CV’s, grant writing, and social media literacy skills
- Help artists transition online
- Conduct online and in-person professional development webinars and workshops
- Conduct community and in-person professional development webinars and workshops
- Conduct community outreach and share applicable research
- Create and deploy engaging/motivating communications and programming initiatives
A combination of relevant education, experience and interests to be able to hit the ground running and become a valued member of a small dedicated team with much to accomplish.
The working environment is dynamic and creative and will require flexibility in working hours and location, which will include participating in events as well as a combination of central office location and working remotely. Must have access to own transportation.
How to Apply
Submit a written letter and resume by Monday, November 30, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.