Let us be your biggest fan by becoming a member of the Mississauga Arts Council TODAY!
MAC is the most comprehensive resource for arts and entertainment information in the city of Mississauga! We work every day to support our artists while building the cultural community at large. We tirelessly act as a catalyst to bring together artists, arts lovers and unique opportunities within the community to encourage contacts and facilitate networking.
MAC advocates on behalf of our members and provides resources, referrals and consultations on the business of the arts. We proudly promote and champion our members’ work while furthering all facets of the artistic process.
Get involved and add your voice!
The benefits are indispensable for artists of all disciplines at every level:
- MACtivities: weekly newsletter sent to over 5,000 people every week promoting your events and news;
- Listings: Event listings submitted to over 150 different media contacts every week;
- Social Media: Your events and news promoted on our Facebook and Twitter accounts;
- Web: Event listings, links, contact information, and more published on our site;
- Mississauga Arts Magazine: Published 3 times a year with news, spotlights, kudos, and upcoming events, tips and more;
- Limelight Magazine: Published bi-annually featuring the latest from our Youth members and Comittee;
- Display Centre: Member information, posters, flyers and business cards displayed outside the MAC office (located on the ground floor of the Civic Centre);
- Flyer Distribution: Nonprofit members’ flyers and posters sent to the Community Centres & Libraries in the city;
- Referrals: To programmers, organizations and the general public via phone, email and online;
- Media: Up-to-date lists and contact information for print, radio, television, institutions and arts organizations (updated on a regular basis) offered;
- AIM for Education Magazine: Annual magazine sent to the school boards and teachers promoting your curriculum based arts programming.
- MARTYS: Our annual red-carpet awards show and reception honouring Mississauga’s excellence in the arts. A fun-filled evening of entertainment, networking, and celebration. Recipients receive a cash award, a sculpted trophy and lots of media attention;
- Workshops: Led by industry leaders on topics such as grant-writing, self-promotion, media funding, social media and many more;
- ARTBEATS Gala and Reception: Our annual red-carpet fundraising gala and reception featuring live entertainment, dinner, drinks, dancing and a live and silent auction;
- Media Summit: Submit your pitch using art to bring awareness to issues in the city and receive feedback from a panel of experts. The winner walks away with a cash prize and guidance in order to bring the project into fruition;
- Cranberry Breakfast: Our annual networking and celebratory breakfast bringing together artists. Each breakfast has a guest speaker who will stimulate and inspire;
- Open Mics: Held once a month for members to showcase their music, dance, poetry and more;
- Visual Arts Exhibits: In the MAC office and in collaboration with other organizations and businesses;
- Annual General Meeting: Membership voting (in late March annually);
- And many more!
- MAC advocates on behalf of artists, arts and the creative community;
- MAC proactively strengthens relationships with diverse communities;
- MAC provides professional expertise to the Arts & Culture sector and the broader community;
- Networking and professional development opportunities;
- We collaborate on the development of Programs & Services.
To become a member now, fill out the form below. You can also download our Membership Form and fill it in and fax, email or mail it to the Mississauga Arts Council. For more information call 905-615-4278 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*A tax receipt will be issued for the full amount of your membership/donation (excluding Nonprofit memberships).