Artists Online: Transitioning to Digital Marketing
Are you camera shy? Unsure how to promote your artistic brand?
Procrastinating at exploring new ways to connect with your audience?
This brand new program, Artists Online: Transitioning to Digital Marketing, funded through the Hazel McCallion Fund of the Community Foundation of Mississauga will enable artists to develop their professional stories through engaging artist introduction videos. Up to 25 artists will be selected to participate in this exciting new program.
Participants will learn film structure, script writing, and other film basics through masterclass opportunities with professional film makers. This lead up to the key component of creating engaging Artist Introduction Videos captured by a professional video producer and editor. These short videos will be vital digital marketing tools that will allow audiences to get to know the artists on a personal level and will promote and celebrate Mississauga artists.
Meet MAC’s Inaugural Artists Online Class:
MAC’s virtual masterclasses provided participants the knowledge to:
- Write a great artist statement
- Adapt your artist statement to an artist introduction film script
- Learn the basics of film production techniques
- Be the star of your very own artist introduction video
- Provide productive feedback during the editing process
- Understand the big social media platforms and video release strategies to maximize online reach.
This FREE program offered participants:
- Over 6 hours of virtual professional development workshops
- Up to 1.5 hours of individual mentorship from program instructors
- Educational resource documents
- Connection with other participants and networking opportunities
- Workshop at MAC’s Green Screen Studio with script and performance notes from MAC staff
- Private filming session at MAC’s Green Screen Studio
- An edited artist introduction video for your social media channels
- Promotion of your video on MAC’s new Martys HUB website
The Artists Online Program Details:
This engaging program runs from September to November 2021.
- August 2021: Applications Close and Artists Selected to Participate.
- September 21, 2021: TD Culture Lab webinar, Writing your Artist Statement with Colleen Snell. Artists Online participants were given premiere access to this event
- October 2, 2021: Artists Online Workshop Day. Instructors Cathleen MacDonald and Vik Moudgill shared valuable information about writing your script, translating your script to the screen, video production basics, and on-camera performance tips.
- October 13, 14 & 15, 2021: Workshop at MAC’s Green-Screen Studio, with script and performance guidance from MAC’s Executive Director, Mike Douglas and Communications Producer, Sherri Murray.
- October 22 & 23, 2021: Filming of Artist Introduction Videos at MAC’s Green Screen Studio. Participants each received 1 hour in the studio with videographer Vik Moudgill, makeup was provided by Sarah Mizzi.
- November 3, 2021: Artists Online Rough Cut Webinar. Instructor Cathleen MacDonald walked participants through rough cuts and how to provide constructive feedback to the video editor.
- November 11, 2021: Social Media Strategy Webinar. Instructor Daniel Francavilla provided tips and strategies for releasing the videos online with info on the audience on each major social media platform.
- December 2, 2021: Artists Online Film Festival. Participants, MAC staff and board, and VIPs gathered to watch the videos and celebrate the achievements of the participants.
- November/December 2021: Publication of Videos on Martys HUB, and other virtual platforms.