Arts for Health
The Mississauga Arts Council is excited about the possibilities for an arts for health program of creative health care services that would deliver the proven health benefits for clients of all ages using creative arts experiences while providing stable employment for artists of all practices.
MAC, as a part of an Arts in Health steering committee, has the following Vision, Mission and Goals.
Well being for all through creative expression
To make the arts an integral part of healthcare protocols
1. Building relationships with primary healthcare providers.
2. Identify medical allies and agencies to work with client groups who can benefit from social prescriptions.
3. Create an inventory of arts organizations willing to provide creative experiences for health services.
Arts for Health Resources
MAC wants to make the public aware of the health benefits of the arts. The resources below document real-world examples of Arts for Health in action across Canada and the globe.
- Canadians’ Arts Participation, Health, and Well-Being by Hill Strategies – 2021
- Arts in Healthcare Field Report – 2009
- Healthy Aging and Seniors Engagement Through the Arts
- Workshop on Exploring the Transformative Potential of Arts-based Health Research: Theory, Method and Practice
- Arts Council England – Arts and Health Report