MAC is seeking a Video Editor aged 15-30 for an 8-week contract through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Deadline to apply is Monday, May 29, 2023 by 9:00 AM
Date Posted: Thursday, May 4, 2023
Application Deadline: Monday, May 29, 2023 by 9:00AM
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, June 19, 2023
Anticipated End Date: Friday, August 11, 2023
Term: Temporary 35 hr/wk, 8-weeks funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program
Salary: $16 to $20 an hour, 35/hr week for 8 weeks
Office Hours*: 35 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9 AM-5 PM)
Location^: MAC’s office is located in Mississauga City Hall, 300 City Centre Dr Suite 1055, Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C9
*Please note, this position will require covering some of MAC or MAC’s member or community events outside of designated work hours, including evenings and weekends.
^This position will require traveling to locations in Mississauga to capture events and artist interviews. As such, a valid G driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle is required. MAC will cover the cost of mileage at $.50/km.
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible, the successful applicant must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Video Editor – Job Description:
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual to join our talented team and make a difference in the vibrant arts community in Mississauga as a Video Editor. The successful candidate will be working both independently and as part of a team. This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. This Video Editor will use their skills to edit previously filmed video content into recap videos for MAC’s events and programming, produce, film and edit video content for MAC and it’s respective member’s events in Mississauga, and create engaging video content for MAC and Martys HUB social media and digital platforms. The successful candidate will work alongside MAC’s creative team of multimedia, creative strategists and communications professionals to elevate our video story-telling content.
With guidance from the Communications Manager and Creative Director & Strategist, the Video Editor will:
- Edit previously filmed video content into short recap videos for MAC events and programs
- Produce, film, and edit video content for MAC, artist member, and community events in Mississauga, ON
- Create engaging video content for MAC and Martys HUB social media and digital platforms using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed.
- Experience as a videographer. A combination of experience (such as volunteer experience) and education/knowledge of videography, video editing, or related field.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Lightroom.
- Experience in creating social media videos (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok).
- Production experience with lighting, camera/tripod setup
- Experience using a DSLR camera.
- Expertise using editing software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team and individually.
- Valid G Driver’s License and reliable access to a vehicle. MAC will cover mileage costs at $.50/km.
- Knowledge of After Effects and Illustrator.
- Experience interviewing individuals/artists.
- Experience working at a non-profit or in the arts sector.
- Extra video equipment (i.e. camera, drone, tripod).
How to Apply:
Please email the following items with the subject line – Video Editor to Sherri Murray, MAC’s Communications Manager at email@example.com
Application Deadline: Monday, May 29, 2023 by 9:00 AM. No late applications will be accepted.
- Cover letter referencing why you wish to work with MAC
- Resume/CV outlining your skills and experience
- 2 professional references
- 3 samples of video content and/or attachments/links to previous work: Can include (but not limited to) video samples, social media content examples, photo/video work, etc.
MAC is committed to ensuring the value of diversity is upheld in everything that we do for our members, employees, volunteers, and the broader community. MAC welcomes and supports all people, regardless of ability, age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or beliefs. It is incumbent upon MAC staff and volunteers to share the responsibility of creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and support. Priority will be given to Mississauga-based applicants. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.