MAC is seeking a Development Coordinator to be instrumental in implementing our new fundraising strategy. This is a 1-year contract position.
Deadline to apply is Monday, July 10, 2023 by 9:00 AM
Date Posted: Monday, June 5, 2023
Application Deadline: Monday, July 10, 2023 by 5:00PM
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, July 24, 2023
Term: One (1) Year Contract Position
Hours: Full-time position (up to 40 hours per week)
Salary: $60,000 to $65,000
Vacation: Two (2) weeks
Office Hours*: Monday to Friday, 9 AM-5 PM (Hybrid flexibility)
Location^: MAC’s office is located in Mississauga City Hall, 300 City Centre Dr Suite 1055, Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C9
*Please note, this position may require meetings outside of designated office hours, including evenings and weekends.
^This position may require traveling to locations in Mississauga. A valid G-class driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
Development Coordinator – Job Description:
Join a friendly, dynamic, and growing nonprofit work environment. The Development Coordinator will be instrumental in researching, identifying, and curating prospective donors, sponsors and funders; developing contemporary relevant communications and tracking through our new Contact Management System, with some training of board and staff on fundraising tools, and contributing to implementation of our new fundraising strategy.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for providing support to the Executive Director and the fund development committee. This new role will work closely with the Administration Lead and report directly to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research donor, sponsor, and grant funder prospects for the organization, setting up key fundraising meetings for the Executive Director to meet prospects.
- Build on the current fundraising foundation and leverage, develop assets necessary to grow successful donor and sponsorship programs.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors’ Fund Development Committee.
- Develop and help execute fundraising campaigns and events, including researching, creating, and managing timelines, budgets, and other related materials.
- Manage donor data, gifts and pledges, and other records in an accurate, timely, and secure manner.
- Ensure donor acknowledgements and other correspondence are sent in a timely manner.
- Prepare and deliver donor reports, presentations, and other materials as required.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications and other fundraising proposals.
- Coordinate with the Communications Manager to leverage the organization’s online presence and social media campaigns development purposes.
- Plan and facilitate meetings and other special funder events, including managing guest lists, registration, and other event logistics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a development or fundraising role.
- Proven success in prospect research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and familiarity with Mailchimp, Asana, Keela or other donor tracking software.
- Proven track record in creating and managing successful fundraising campaigns.
- Experience working at a non-profit in the arts and culture sector.
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment of Mississauga.
How to Apply:
Please email the following items with the subject line – “Application – Development Coordinator” to Susan Durnin, MAC’s Administration Lead at email@example.com.
- Cover letter referencing why you wish to work with MAC
- Resume/CV outlining your skills and experience
- 2 professional references
Application Deadline: Monday, July 10, 2023 by 5:00 PM. No late applications will be accepted.
MAC is committed to ensuring the value of diversity is upheld in everything that we do for our members, employees, volunteers, and the broader community. MAC welcomes and supports all people, regardless of ability, age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or beliefs. It is incumbent upon MAC staff and volunteers to share the responsibility of creating and maintaining an environment of mutual respect and support.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants who require accessibility support can contact, in confidence, Susan Durnin, firstname.lastname@example.org make accommodations.