Mississauga, ON – October 4, 2022
Mississauga Arts Council (MAC) is pleased to announce our 2022 MicroGrant program. This fall, MAC will provide $60,000 in MicroGrants across seven funding streams to artist-led projects and initiatives. MAC invites Mississauga professional artists and arts groups/collectives across all disciplines to apply. The deadline to apply for MAC’s MicroGrants is Monday, October 31, 2022, by 5:00 PM. Guidelines, criteria, and submission form can be found at: mississaugaartscouncil.com/programs/microgrants/
This Fall, MAC is offering the following seven MicroGrant Funding Streams:
- Short Documentary Film MicroGrant (up to $8,000) is for a filmmaker or writer/filmmaker partnership to create a documentary about a Mississauga artist, arts group, or arts experience.
- Theatre in the Park MicroGrant (up to $7,000) is a two-part MicroGrant that will invest in a new theatre piece to be written and performed as a Theatre in the Park experience.
- Visual Art Curation MicroGrant (up to $6,000) is for local curators to develop a visual art exhibition of local artists.
- ArtsCare Program Development MicroGrant (up to $5,000) will support an artist or group developing and delivering a virtual or in person program, designed to deliver creative experiences to those with moderate mental health obstacles.
- Dance on Film MicroGrant (up to $5,000) will see a new dance work reimagined as a short film.
- Music Showcase Production MicroGrant (up to $4,000) is for a local music producer to develop a live-event showcase of local Mississauga musicians/music groups.
- Matchmaker MicroGrants (10 x up to $2,500) are open to any artistic discipline and are designed to help artists start/complete a project or invest in career development. Artists can receive up to $2,500 in matching funds for money raised by sponsorship, investment, and in-kind contributions.
Learn more about the funding streams by downloading a PDF copy of the MicroGrant Guidelines here: https://www.mississaugaartscouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Fall-2022-MicroGrant-Guidelines-Updated-Oct-13-2022.pdf
NOTE: The Guidelines were updated on October 13, 2022 with a new project completion date.
Ready to submit your application? Apply through our Webform here: https://form.jotform.com/Mississauga_Arts/fall-2022-mac-microgrant-apps
MicroGrant Information Session – October 13, 2022 at 3pm
MAC hosted a virtual information session on Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 3:00 PM over Zoom. Watch the info session to learn more about our MicroGrants.
MAC MicroGrants Provide Positive Impact for Mississauga’s Creative Community
“Our impactful MicroGrant program have touched the lives of local artists by putting funds directly into their projects providing opportunities to lift their careers to the next level,” says Mike Douglas, MAC’s Executive Director, “This Fall round of MicroGrants will continue this pattern of growth with funding for new opportunities for filmmakers, theatre artists, visual art curators, therapeutic art instructors, dancers, and music producers. We have also returned our successful Matchmaker MicroGrants which are open to all artistic practices for special projects and career development initiatives.”